Episode 9: Beeps

Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2008 by -f-l-o- in Labels:

Upon arriving at KLIA, I turned my mobile on and received three text messages. The first one was from my colleague, Linda who was doing the presentation on my behalf in London.

Hi Maya, the presentation went well. U got a lot of interests from independent researchers around. Told them as u asked me to, to contact u after ur back from ur ‘emergency leave’. Hope things go well with u, don’t stressed urself out too much, girl. I’m honored to have done this for u so pls regard it as a friend’s gesture. Till then, take care. XxX Linda

The second message was from Amy.

Kamal n I r picking u up. Call me once u got this.

The third message read: WHAT?! You’re kidding right? Send me a text once you’ve landed. I’ll give you a ring.

I replied a short 'thank you' to Linda before calling Amy up. She told me that she was waiting with Kamal at the arrival hall. We would be driving straight to Terengganu from KLIA.

I replied to the third text: ‘Landed’ while waiting for my luggage at the baggage hall. Five minutes later my mobile rang. I picked it up and said, ‘That's right, I've landed. How are things in London, Hakimi?’