Episode 10: Lies..

Posted: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 by Red_ips in Labels:

Dear Angah,

This is weird. Totally insane!! This question... this question had been bothering me since the meeting with Hakimi's research team. I know it's impossible, I know I'm getting paranoid here, I know I just shouldn't even think about this, but.... .....

...but sorry, Angah, I can't help but I have to ask you this:

Did you have anything to do with Hakimi's research? I'm sorry... I mean of course you did not...

...did you?

I think I'm getting emotional here. Raja just died. In front of my eye, inside the aquarium of their lab, his body rested besides Melur. I did not cry I did not yield. Melur was sad, but me, rather than feeling miserable, I felt relieved.

It's better for Raja to die than suffer from his 'blindness'. Yeah, they made Raja 'blind'; they made Raja lost his sense of directions; Raja was struggling to try to locate himself and find his sense of orientation, he threw himself at every direction, he kept on hitting the wall of aquarium, he crashed on Melur, he forced his own body to squeeze at the corner of the aquarium.... Raja went crazy, for almost a week already --

-- you did not know all these, right? I mean, of course you did not know these, you are not here anymore... you left, four years ago you left us, you sank into the deep blue sea after your last surf, and you never came out.. how would you know what happened to Raja and Melur? Right?

..but .. they said you did not expect these would happen when you and Pak Zainol gave Raja and Melur to Hakimi. They lied, right? Only Pak Zainol sold the manta rays to them, right?

Tell me, tell me Angah. Tell me that you had nothing to do with all these, please...
Tell me that the conversation between Hakimi and his team leader was totally wrong -- they said they are lucky still to have Melur alive, as the key of 'all' is Melur, because the code-words say so...

... and I heard the so-called 'code-words' from Hakimi's mouth.....

"Mari ikut akak, mencari ulam melur; mari lawan ombak, mencari bintang timur.."

Angah, tell me, for God's sake, give any sign that you can, please tell me this is only the pantun that was over exaggerated by them, the pantun is not any 'code-words' for their research...

....right?

You had nothing to do with Hakimi, you hated him so much, remember? You said he's the cockiest fool in this world, how would you have anything to do with a stupid like Hakimi? Of course you wouldn't....

.....right?

....... right, Angah?

...................... right............ Angah?

I'm sorry I think I need to rest.


Abu.