Episode 13: Plan B

Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2008 by -f-l-o- in Labels:

“Plan B instead. We’re not going to Terengganu. Uncle Zainol is here in KL, he was here to send some friends to the airport a couple of days ago I think,” Amy declared while we were walking to the airport car park. “Nina and Mike really need to meet up with him so we decided to cancel the trip down to the east coast and stay in Shangrila in KL. You’ll share the room with Nina and I. Kamal and Mike are staying together.” I replied with an uncertain ‘oh’.

“Have you figured how long you’re staying for?” Amy asked.
“Two weeks, maybe more. I don’t know. I haven’t got any return ticket.” I replied.
“Well if you plan to stay, you stay. I can’t and would have to go back home this Friday,” she said. I gave no response.

Kamal was driving and we shared stories in the car but no one mentioned about James, which was good. Half way through the car journey to KL city, I received a text from Hakimi: We were both in Britain all this while & never knew it. But when we do now, here we are in two different places once again, perhaps passing by each other’s plane in the sky? What a shame!

“I managed to keep track of Hakimi,” I told Amy.
“Have you?”
“Yeah but he’s back in London.”
“This is so funny,” she reacted before telling Kamal the whole story of her meeting Hakimi on the plane.

“So what do you plan to do now?” She asked.
“I have no idea, Amy.”
“Maybe you can help out with the research that Nina and Mike is working on. They’re seeking assistance from Uncle Zainol too, it should be interesting. You guys’ work are the same thing, right?” Kamal suggested.
“Hey, that sounds like a very good idea. Yeah, give it a go, Maya.” Amy supported.

They’re right. It was a good idea. I guess I just need to offer my help to Nina and Mike and see if they are ready for my amateur advice. A chance to work with Uncle Zainol or Prof Z, who would want to say ‘no’ to that? This is a great Plan B.